- On-Campus Program
- Online Program
Phleng Choi Debut at The Bangkok Arts & Culture Center – 17 January 2016
On January 7, 2016
On Sunday, 17 January at 17:30 PM, HARK is pleased to announce the inaugural performance of Phleng Choi at the Bangkok Arts and Culture Center, Bangkok, Thailand.
The scripts are:
1. Nature – what a perfect coincidence. But where is the perfect nature of man?
2. I say I’m right. She says she’s right. So who is right?
3. Would I choose to be rich or to be happy?
4. Is there only one place to find inner happiness?
…and concludes with a plaintive presentation of the Gospel.
5. The answer is in this Book.
Why Phleng Choi
Phleng Choi is a popular style of entertainment that can only be performed by skilled and creative singers. Nearly all of the poetry is improvised and singers are expected to make up their lines on the spot. Singers are rated based on their wit, intelligence, style, fast thinking, creativity, and improvisation skills. Performers will sing back and forth, sometimes in witty banter, sometimes in a question-and-answer format, always in a fast-moving conversation.
Incorporating the Gospel Message in Phleng Choi
Phleng Choi lends itself well to a Gospel presentation because it allows discussion of topics that would otherwise be improper or impolite to bring up under normal circumstances. Issues that could seem intimidating or threatening in normal Thai conversation can be discussed in an easygoing way, with self-deprecating jokes and wit throughout. The Phleng Choi topics are structured to maintain a serious discussion, but spontaneous enough to keep the listener interested. When presented in a lighthearted and relaxed context, Phleng Choi will make the performance a memorable experience and warm the Thais to the Gospel message.
Open to the Public – Free
The inaugural presentation is a live video recording in which the audience is part of the presentation. A final DVD will be made available for distribution.
WHEN: Sunday, 17 January 2016 @ 17:30 PM
WHERE: Bangkok Arts and Culture Center – at the BTS ‘National Stadium’ station across from MBK & Siam Paragon
ADMISSION is FREE and open to the public.
A reception follows the performance.
Donations and support for this project are welcomed.
For more information, contact Bertram 094-480-4216
or K.View, 02-236-4500, 02-236-7044 fax 02-266-3836
- December 2020: HARK Seminary Iligan Campus Opens New Theological Research Library December 20, 2020
- Thoughts of Thanksgiving in 2020 November 24, 2020
- HARK releases new work by Dr. Arnfield Cudal – Psalm 133 “Behold, How Good & How Lovely” November 23, 2019
- ความเชี่ยวชาญศิลปะการนมัสการพระเจ้า July 3, 2019
- The (Unintended) Consequence of Sin March 12, 2019
From the President
Richfield A. Cudal, ThM, DD, ThD
Arnfield P. Cudal, MBA, PhD
Vice President of Operations & Development
Godfrey A. Catanus, MA, PhD
Dean - Iloilo Campus
Ervin P. Inocian, MABS
Dean - Cebu Campus
Daniel C. Asuncion, MA
Dean - Malaybalay Campus
Uldarico I. Tabada, MRE, MABS
Dean - Iligan Campus