- On-Campus Program
- Online Program
Reviving Traditions and Setting Precedents for Christian Music in the Kingdom of Thailand
On February 8, 2016
Setting the words of Scripture to music is a practice modeled in the Bible by King David himself. David set a precedent in establishing a tradition of setting texts of Scripture to music.
Ever since, for almost three millennia now, the Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs contained in God’s word have been set to music. Some of the greatest songwriters of our day have carried on the tradition of creating musical settings for the pure words of Scripture.
C. Hubert H. Parry: I Was Glad (Psalm 122)
C.V. Stanford: Beati Quorum Via (Psalm 119)
Samuel S. Wesley: Blessed Be the God and Father (Hymn of 1 Peter 1)
While the Western church throughout history has amassed a treasure trove of scripture songs, the Kingdom of Thailand is a country where Christianity is just now beginning to bloom. Establishing Biblical traditions and setting Biblical precedents for the Thai Church is key to equipping the Thai Church for spiritual growth and edification. At the same time, these musical endeavors not only preserve the culture but enrich it as well.
We are pleased to present this music-arts video, the first of its kind, to the Thai Church. It highlights a Hymn of praise and adoration found in Philippians 2:5-11.
Three criteria were used in the production of this video:
1. The words need to be a hymn from the Bible
2. The melody must be composed in the music-language of the Thai people
3. The song must be presented in the most culturally-honoring and expressive way possible
We at HARK Publications are privileged to have collaborated with the members and faculty of the Bunditpatanasilpa Institute of Fine Arts and Culture, who are representatives of the Royal Court Musicians of the Kingdom of Thailand, in presenting this musical offering from the Christian Scriptures.
“…for the word of the Lord endureth forever.”
-from the Hymn of I Peter 1:25
- The Incomparable Lord Jesus Christ & The Ultimate Guide to Worship Arts Translated into Thai January 5, 2018
- New 2017 Music Arts Video : John 1’s Magnificent Paean of Our Lord Jesus Christ November 10, 2017
- Dr. Richfield A. Cudal in Thailand Expounding on 2 Peter Chapter 3 October 21, 2017
- The Case for Absolute Truth October 21, 2017
- วิกฤติการณ์แห่งความจริง October 21, 2017
From the President
Richfield A. Cudal, ThM, DD, ThD
Arnfield P. Cudal, MBA, PhD
Vice President of Operations & Development
Godfrey A. Catanus, MA, PhD
Dean - Iloilo Campus
Ervin P. Inocian, MABS
Dean - Cebu Campus
Daniel C. Asuncion, MA
Dean - Malaybalay Campus
Uldarico I. Tabada, MRE
Dean - Iligan Campus