- On-Campus Program
- Online Program
Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling (MABC)
MBWS Degree Requirements
- Previously earned Bachelor’s degree
- Hours Required: 40
- Five Courses & Thesis: $1995
Guidelines for degree completion
Order the listed textbooks through Amazon.com or the bookstore of your choice. Read each book and write a 10 – 20 page summary paper on the book. Six textbooks required for Master’s degree. This program is 40 hours, including the thesis.
HTS expects a ten to twenty page summary paper of each textbook for all degree programs. Typed, double-spaced, font type 10 – 12. Microsoft Word is preferred when emailing an attachment.
Please review your paper for spelling and grammar errors before submitting.
– Summarize what the book said. [A good idea is to summarize a chapter at a time (1 page)].
– Tell us what you learned.
– If the text is helpful to you in your life, work and ministry, please tell us about this too.
MABC 510: 6 credit hours
Textbook: The Biblical Basis of Christian Counseling for People Helpers: Relating the Basic Teachings of Scripture to People’s Problems (Pilgrimage Growth Guide), Gary R. Collins
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.; New edition (November 1, 1997)
MABC 520: 6 credit hours
Textbook: Competent Christian Counseling, Volume One: Foundations and Practice of Compassionate Soul Care, Timothy Clinton (Editor), George Ohlschlager (Editor),
Hardcover: 832 pages
Publisher: WaterBrook Press; 1 edition (April 16, 2002)
MABC 530: 6 credit hours
Textbook: Balancing the Christian Life Paperback, Charles C. Ryrie
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Moody Publishers; New Edition edition (October 9, 1994)
MABC 540: 6 credit hours
Textbook: The Pursuit of God (The Definitive Classic) Paperback, A. W. Tozer
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Regal (November 8, 2013)
Additional textbooks that will be required reading and required as sources for the Thesis:
He That is Spiritual, Lewis Sperry Chafer
Transformed in His Presence: The Need for Prayer in Counseling, Roger Peugh, Tammy Schultz
Life On the Highest Plane, Ruth Paxson
With Christ in the School of Prayer, Andrew Murray
Mere Christianity, C.S.Lewis
MABC 560: Practicum & Thesis: 10 credit hours
The MABC Thesis is the bulk of the master’s program. State your proposed thesis in two to three
sentences explaining what you hope to cover in your thesis.
- HARK Seminary Commencement July 2021 – Seven Receive ThD’s August 13, 2021
- Dr. Richfield A. Cudal Theological Research Library Dedicated / ThD Dissertations Presented – July 30, 2021 August 7, 2021
- December 2020: HARK Seminary Iligan Campus Opens New Theological Research Library December 20, 2020
- Thoughts of Thanksgiving in 2020 November 24, 2020
- HARK releases new work by Dr. Arnfield Cudal – Psalm 133 “Behold, How Good & How Lovely” November 23, 2019
From the President
Richfield A. Cudal, ThM, DD, ThD
Arnfield P. Cudal, MBA, PhD
Vice President of Operations & Development
Godfrey A. Catanus, MA, PhD
Dean - Iloilo Campus
Ervin P. Inocian, MABS
Dean - Cebu Campus
Daniel C. Asuncion, MA
Dean - Malaybalay Campus
Uldarico I. Tabada, MRE, MABS, ThD
Dean - Iligan Campus